Failure Mode and Effects Analysis with Babtec.FMEA
Early Recognition and Prevention of Potential Failures
Access clearly-arranged tree structures to perform complex structure, function and failure analyses. During the system analysis, you describe the system to be covered for your product and/or the corresponding process. Document all required functions and product or process features – for every system element and every process step. Define dependencies between the required functions in the function tree – simply and intuitively via drag & drop. Identify and document possible failure modes and identify failure cause, failure and failure effect in the same way based on cause-effect relationships in the failure tree.
During the entry of all FMEA data, you can check at any time whether the saved information is complete and plausible. The system or process analysis is followed by the analysis and assessment of identified risks. Besides the supplied standards-compliant risk assessment catalogs (VDA, AIAG), additional specific risk assessment catalogs can be managed and employed. This creates the best possible foundation for establishing effective actions and avoiding possible failures and failure causes in the product manufacturing process.
The initiated actions for the detection of failures and the prevention of failure causes can be tracked in Babtec.FMEA as well as in the action management module. You can also profit from the ability to create control plans or production control plans directly based on process FMEAs using Babtec.CP. With the linking of FMEAs, control plans and even inspection plans, the integrated change management provides you with convenient support for required changes to these documents – without elaborate and failure-prone data comparison.
More features in Babtec.FMEA
- Intuitive drag & drop functions for the structure, function and failure analysis
- Flexible free-text support for mapping system or process structures
- Interactive tree and form views with convenient search and filter functions
- Support of the risk assessment via an integrated warning system, incl. warning thresholds for RPN, severity, occurrence and detection probability
- Automatic review for completeness and data consistency
- Integrated version management for traceability of changes
- Link of product-specific FMEA with base FMEA for referencing to system/process elements, functions, failure modes and actions, incl. automatic update in case of changes
- FMEA forms according to current guidelines (VDA, AIAG)
- Design of company-specific forms and reports (Babtec.RPT)
- Flexible management analyses:
- RPN Difference Analysis for risk assessment
- key performance indicators
- Integration in Babtec.Q (Babtec.APQP, Babtec.MM, Babtec.AM, Babtec.REK, Babtec.CP, Babtec.WEP/WAP, Babtec.FP)