In-production Inspection/SPC with Babtec.FP
Monitoring and Controlling Production Processes
Babtec.FP takes on the quality assurance for all production types, from individual production up to the classic large series productions. With this tool, you plan all of your in-production inspections effectively and in a practice-oriented way. You can monitor your product quality and control your production processes based on lot inspections, inspection charts or the statistical process control (SPC). Utilize the extensive tools to recognize failure concentrations and to determine and verify the machine and process capabilities.
Clearly structured inspection processes and visual support increase the user-friendliness and acceptance. Minimize the effort for creating and managing your inspection plans by employing family inspection plans. To ensure that your inspection plans work in the field, plausibility checks are available. If missing information or failures (e.g. in formulas) are detected, the integrated warning system of Babtec.Q is activated: a corresponding message leads you directly to the identified problem so that you are spared an elaborate manual search. With Babtec.FP, you can also play it safe and simulate the defined inspection sequence as early as the planning phase, thus avoiding time-consuming subsequent corrections in the inspection process.
Babtec.FP supports the optimization of your production processes in a goal-oriented way. Benefit from the methods of statistical process control and define periodic and time-controlled process inspections with inspection frequency monitoring or quantity-controlled inspections. Fall back on production groups to monitor your production process separated by production units (e.g. nests). For lot-related approvals, you have access to configurable sampling inspections including dynamic inspection sampling to reduce the inspection effort.
In Babtec.Q, you have access to extensive analysis tools to determine distributions and to configure confidence intervals as well as methods of calculation for determining the process capabilities according to DIN ISO 21747. For the analysis and verification of the process capability for your customers, you can fall back on an extensive library of statistical analyses and reports. Prepare the results for substantiated statements in a convenient way using control charts, histograms, probability networks or inspection charts.
If you have already created control plans via Babtec.CP in the context of your product planning processes, you can also utilize them for planning your in-production inspections. From the process steps in control plans, you adopt inspection-relevant product and process characteristics into your inspection plans with the click of a button and simply supplement them with additional details specific to the inspection plan.
More features in Babtec.FP
- SPC: monitoring of the machine and process capability, online quality control charts incl. monitoring of the process stability (control limits, run, trend, etc.), also nest and form-based
- Lot inspections based on individual and standards-compliant sampling schemes (e.g. ISO 2859, ISO 3951), incl. dynamic sampling rules
- Convenient determination of specification limits via integrated tolerance tables
- Extensive import functions for characteristics (e.g. Q-DAS or CAD files)
- Versioned inspection plans, incl. release workflow and inspection plan history
- ERP integration: automatic inspection order generation upon release of production orders and result reply (Babtec.SI/ERP)
- Online measurement adoption of digital gages and measuring machines
- Automatic generation of internal complaints and initiation of immediate and corrective actions
- Process sheet with documented events, malfunctions and immediate actions
- Powerful statistical analyses and management analyses, e.g.:
- machine and process capability tests acc. to DIN ISO 21747, incl. configurable calculation methods and determination of the distribution form
- run-on inspections, control charts for variable and attributive characteristics
- original value charts, probability network, histogram, inspection charts, pareto analyses and trends
- Integration in Babtec.Q (Babtec.APQP, Babtec.CP, Babtec.EM, Babtec.REK, Babtec.MM, Babtec.AM)
- Control center on the intranet: current information for specification limit and process violations, failure messages and other events (Babtec.Q.Manager)