Gage Management with Babtec.PMM
Secure the Quality of Your Inspection Results
An effective process for ensuring the operational state of your gages lies in performing periodic control checks. One of the requirements here is to define meaningful inspection intervals for every gage so that deviations can be determined in due time and only capable gages are used in your product manufacturing process. Depending on the inspection process involved and usage site, your gages may be stressed differently. If a gage is subjected to increased wear at a certain usage site, then the defined time interval is dynamically adjusted.
For the performance of control checks, Babtec.PMM provides an extensive library of inspection instructions, which can be used immediately without any additional planning effort. The instructions are based on the current guidelines according to VDI/VDE/DGQ 2618. The determination of the gage-specific nominal values is based on the current DIN standards. Of course, you can also use the existing instructions as templates for own or specialized inspection instructions.
The data recording of results for internally performed calibrations or control checks can be done via keyboard as well as automated via interfaces for transferring the measured value directly from the gage, a measuring instrument or inspection device. All stored inspection results can be used for the creation of inspection certificates, reports or performance indicators.
More features in Babtec.PMM
- Recording and managing of gage master data
- Automated monitoring of inspection dates
- Fixed and dynamic inspection intervals with consideration of usage sites and degrees of utilization
- Automatic and complete documentation of all usage sites, calibrations, maintenance, etc. in the gage history
- Representation of company-specific workflows for the gage management through freely definable events and gage statuses
- Convenient individual and collective postings
- Managing inspection devices with parts lists of any gage type
- Powerful statistics and generation of performance indicators, e.g.:
- gage overview (for each gage type, condition and others)
- cost analyses (for each gage type, internal and external calibration, year or month, and more)
- Integration in Babtec.Q (Babtec.EM, Babtec.WEP/WAP, Babtec.FP, Babtec.PMFU)
- Automatic information distribution – communication and reporting via Babtec.Q.Agent (e.g. notification about gages due in the next month)